Geospatial Intelligence Special Interest Group (GISIG)
Wednesday 23 November 2016
Defence Academy, Shrivenham, SN6 8LA
- Introduction. The next Geospatial Intelligence Special Interest Group (GISIG) will take place on Wednesday 23 November 2016 at the Defence Academy, Shrivenham SN6 8LA. The GISIG will start at 0900 hrs, with reception and registration from 0830 hrs. The GISIG presentations will conclude 1630 hrs.
- GISIG – A Community of Interest. The vast majority of information we use has a location. Now in its 12th successful year, the GISIG is a ‘Community of Interest’ (COI) for the Defence, National Security and Public Safety community that aims to bring together those involved, or interested, in exploiting the full potential of location/spatial information and situational awareness in their respective areas of expertise. Attending the GISIG is your opportunity to share your experiences with this community of interest, pose questions and gain valuable feedback. We welcome new delegates to this event as well as those who have previously attended; please register and add this date to your diary.
- Presentations at GISIG. The theme for this year’s GISIG will be confirmed shortly.
We welcome presentations from individuals and organisations from across the COI to present to the GISIG. Presentations and demonstrations should ideally share actual or expected operational benefits and outcomes. Please note this event will mostly be run at RESTRICTED level and presentations should be cleared to this level accordingly. Places will be limited, so to register your interest in presenting, contact WO2 Willey, GISIG POC as soon as possible. See below for contact details.
- Capability Expo. As with previous GISIGs a Capability Expo will take place during breaks. A range of specialist geospatial capabilities will be on display with industry specialists on hand to answer your questions. Details of participating companies will be available nearer the time.
- Agenda. To be confirmed.
- Attendance. The event is free to attend with priority given to all serving Defence, Intelligence, National Security and Public Safety personnel who are involved, or have an interest, in exploiting spatial information. It is requested that action addressees cascade this calling notice widely to relevant subordinate organisations.
- Registration: Please click here to register. Closing date for registration is 1st November 2016.
- Security & Arrival procedures. All registered delegates will be required to be in possession of proof of identity - service ID cards, passport or driving license. Delegates will be required to register on arrival at the Main Gate Reception.
- Location. Defence Academy, Shrivenham SN6 8LA
- Sponsorship. As in previous years, the GISIG is sponsored by Esri UK. They and other contractors will be in attendance to answer your questions and, through the Capability Expo, demonstrate the use of Geographic Information Systems and approaches in support of our needs.
- GISIG POC for further enquiries and presentation proposals
WO2 JP Willey RE
WO2 Concepts & Doctrine, Force Development
Joint Forces Intelligence Group,Room B017
RAF Wyton, Huntingdon,
Cambs. PE28 2EA.
Mil: 95371 5231| Civ: 01480 52451 ext 5231
- For registration enquiries. Please contact Donna Holmes at firstname.lastname@example.org.